Our mission is to nurture a working environment in which personal interests and ideas can flourish. This defines our company culture, bringing together talented people who enjoy new challenges and share a genuine curiosity about the projects we work on. Our third-floor studio overlooks Hoxton Square in Shoreditch, the heart of London’s vibrant creative and tech industries.
What we look for
Our projects utilise a broad range of creative, editorial, technical and client management roles, from designers, data analysts and developers to producers and project managers. While industry skills are very important to us, we’re equally interested in who you are, your aspirations, and what you’re capable of.
If you’re good at what you do, relish steep learning curves and aren’t afraid to tackle complex topics head on, we’d love to hear from you.
We are on the lookout for a motivated Digital Project Manager to join our team with responsibility for ensuring our client projects are delivered efficiently and effectively to the highest creative and development standards.
At Applied Works we design digital tools and products that are both challenging and rewarding to work on. Since our formation in 2004 we have earned a reputation for design excellence for a diverse range of clients, from commercial organisations to research institutes - delivering compelling user interfaces that inform and enlighten audiences. Our projects often begin with deep research, data analysis and prototyping, placing development at the heart of a highly collaborative design process, from the initial phases of a project through to final delivery.
Key responsibilities to include:
- Manage the smooth running of projects to ensure quality and delivery standards are met
- Create, track and report timelines during the project lifecycle, managing scope, issues and risks as they occur (including escalating when appropriate)
- Collaboratively develop new and adapt existing project plans and processes
- Liaise with stakeholders to understand briefs and requirements (occasionally attending workshops in the UK and abroad to facilitate and capture client feedback)
- Coordinate with the design and development teams throughout the project phases, from initial ideation to implementation and delivery
- Regular, clear and constructive communication with the client and project teams at the relevant stages of the project
- Communicate pro-actively with team members to identify issues, resolve problems and implement efficiency improvements
- Manage client expectations by clearly identifying changes to project scope and creating solutions and contingency plans
Key skills to include:
- Minimum 3-5 years experience as a project manager in a digital studio or creative agency, managing teams incorporating UX and UI design, code prototyping and front-end and back-end development
- Full knowledge of the project lifecycle, digital production processes and understanding of project management methodologies
- Experience of working with project management tools such as Basecamp, Trello, JIRA, MS Project/Merlin
- Proven record of handling and delivering multiple creative projects
- In-depth understanding of web technologies and their application
- The ability to understand, manage and schedule creative deliverables based on client briefs
- Knowledge of UX principles applied to complex digital developments
- Experience working in an Agile environment with the ability to work both independently and within a team
- Excellent organisational, budgeting, documenting, scoping and project planning skills
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
While the salary is dependent on experience, we do offer a competitive package to all staff, as well as professional and personal development with both internal and external training opportunities.
At Applied Works, we pride ourselves in delivering the highest standards in production code, to create compelling user interfaces that work seamlessly on any device.
We’re looking for freelance and permanent developers to join our growing team, with opportunities to take ownership of project builds from beginning to end. Candidates must be good problem solvers, and have a keen attention to detail in both the functional requirements and design finesse of projects. Successful applicants will be:
- Confident building responsive CSS layouts and user interfaces
- Able (and keen) to quickly adapt to new technologies and problem domains
- Familiar with server-side application development and SQL databases
- Able to think clearly about application structure and its affect on maintenance and performance
Positions available immediately and on an ongoing basis.
We run internship programmes with students and graduates throughout the year and are always happy to hear from people looking to gain industry experience. We also have links with some of the best universities in the UK including Kingston, Winchester and Central Saint Martins. If you’re a course tutor and would like to discuss a talk, workshop, industry brief or studio visit please visit our contact page. If you’re a student interested in an internship with us please apply below.